Hop onto our open-top red bus and explore the Mother City, as she is affectionately known.
With over 30 stops, and taking you to over 50 of Cape Town’s top attractions, the bus allows you to hop-on and hop-off at your leisure.
With our buses scheduled to stop at regular intervals, you will have plenty of time to uncover the city’s treasures. So whether you want to jump off and take a quick scenic pic of Table Mountain or wonder around Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens or visit Groot Constantia, the oldest Wine Estate in South Africa, you have the flexibility to do so. Join us and create your own itinerary. Best selling live guided day tours
Our full day lives guided tours come highly recommended. The tours run daily from pick up points across the city and offer visitors and locals an opportunity to explore and learn about some of Cape Town’s most famous landmarks with experienced and qualified guides.
We have three unique tours or opt for a combo ticket and save!
Cape Point & Penguin Day Tour
Enjoy a live-guided day excursion to visit the penguins at Boulders Beach, Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope in the comfort of a modern coach. Spot wildlife, and even whales in season.
Cape Winelands Day Tour & Tasting
Join our top wine guide and escape to the Cape’s famous wine country on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Taste regional wines from two different wineries in the Franschhoek and Stellenbosch wine valleys, including both big name and family-run estates.
Franschhoek Wine Tram
Depart from Cape Town in a luxury air-conditioned coach and head directly to the Franschhoek valley to hop off at the Franschhoek Wine Tram for a day of wine tasting and beautiful sights. The Franschhoek Wine Tram offers two hop-on, hop-off lines, each visiting nine wine estates in the Franschhoek Valley using a combination of the tram and tram-buses. The tram or tram-buses pass each wine estate once an hour, so you can explore at your convenience or move from one estate to the next.
Best value boat cruises, hop on hop off bus tours & attractions passes
Extend your day tour with our selection of travel packages and attraction options to suit your wallet and schedule.
• Hop on and off our double decker, open top red buses for one, two or three of epic sightseeing.
• Cruise the V&A Waterfront and Canal by boat while taking in the rich naval history of the area.
For an all-inclusive travel and tourism offering, get our Cape Town Attractions Pass and get free entry to over 70 top attractions for one low price.
The Official Cape Town City Pass is the ultimate sightseeing attractions pass
Get your trip off to a smooth start. Order your City Pass online now and make the most of your time in Cape Town, with free entry to the city’s top attractions and a free Hop-on Hop-off Red Bus ticket for the duration of your pass.
The most convenient and affordable way to experience Cape Town
• Free entry to Cape Town’s top attractions, museums, cruises, tours and much more
• Fast track at many attractions
• Free, unlimited use of the Hop-on Hop-Off Red Bus for the duration of your pass
• Create your own itinerary to get the most out of your stay in Cape Town
• Great discounts and special offers throughout Cape Town and its surrounding areas
• A free, detailed Guidebook
• Three in-destination help centers to assist you if needed
Kick off the ultimate three-day Cape Town adventure with our unlimited-attractions pass
Satisfy your adrenaline craving with the ultimate three-day Cape Town Unlimited Premium Attractions City Pass. Hop on the Cape Town red bus with your pass in hand, including entry fees to more than 70 top Mother City attractions. Ready for a jam-packed three-day adventure? Here is our suggested itinerary for adventure junkies:
Did you know that the 70 Cape Town attractions covered by the City Pass include a Deluxe red bus ticket, allowing you three days of hopping on and off the iconic red bus? You can see all the top attractions with this fun mode of transport.
So, start the day with hopping on the open-top red bus. After exploring the Mother City with the wind in your hair, hop off at the V&A Waterfront or Cape Town International Convention Centre for some water sports with SUP Cape Town. Stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) is a thrilling combination of surfing and kayaking and undoubtedly one of the most exciting ways to explore Cape Town’s canals. Plus, you get to cool off at the same time!
After drying off, swap your sea legs for wheels by hopping on a Bites n Bikes food cycle tour. This is a foodie’s dream, taking you to four stops where you can enjoy local delicacies, including rooibos tea and rusks, sweet koeksisters and spicy samosas. Along the way, learn about Cape Town’s cultural and historical background as you pass landmark sites en route to the next tasty treat.
Spend the day in the picturesque Cape Winelands with a full-day cycling tour that includes various wine tastings, a distillery visit, and gourmet lunch. Is there a better way to enjoy the beautiful scenery than with a 15km route along oak-lined paths alongside the river? With the Bikes ‘n Wines Vineyards Adventure Ride, you’ll experience a memorable wine tour – food, nibbles, and wine included!
Why not sample some of the oldest and most famous beers produced in South Africa? Learn about the finer details of the beer-making process at the historic Newlands Brewery, before ending the tour with a beer tasting.
An adventure trip around Cape Town wouldn’t be the same without the ultimate high: a swim with one of the world’s great predators. Join Great White Shark Tours for an exhilarating 20-minute boat ride from the fishing village of Gansbaai, after which you’ll start looking for sharks. Also look out for the distinctive African penguin and Cape fur seal colonies on your trip! Finish your itinerary in style with a sunset champagne cruise with Waterfront Charters. See iconic views of Table Mountain, Camps Bay and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with the best seat in Cape Town to enjoy the sunset and drink a toast to your fun-filled holiday.
How much will this trip cost?
To enjoy the seven attractions mentioned above will cost you R4 295 if you book them separately, but if you buy the three-day Unlimited Premium Attractions City Pass, you will only pay R2 695, saving 37%!
Explore your city for less with the City Explorer Pass
Explore your city for less with the City Explorer Pass – includes entry to any 3 top attractions PLUS a day on the red bus!
Includes the red bus Classic Package (1-day open-top bus ticket) on the Mini Peninsula Tour.
Plus FREE entry to three of the following attractions:
• Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
• Groot Constantia – wine estate tour and tasting
• Imizamo Yethu Township Walking Tour
• World of Birds Wildlife Sanctuary and Monkey Park
• Drumbeat Charters – Seal Island Cruise (Hout Bay)
• Circe Launches – Seal Colony Cruise (Hout Bay)
• Hamley’s Train – free train ride around the V&A Waterfront
• Hard Rock Cafe – free burger and chips
• The Cape Wheel – priority entrance with a Blue Route Pass
• The Springbok Experience Rugby Museum
• City Sightseeing Waterfront Harbour Cruise
• City Sightseeing Waterfront Canal Cruise
• Pensioner Special: Tuesdays and Fridays
• South African pensioners can get a 50% discount on Classic 1-day tickets on Tuesdays and Fridays, which means you’ll pay R110 for a ticket that usually costs R220.
• The offer is also valid if a public holiday falls on a Tuesday or Friday.
• During school holidays the 3-for-1 Kids’ Special can be combined with City Sightseeing’s Pensioner Special, which runs weekdays, including public holidays.
• You can hop on the bus at any stop, but remember to bring your barcoded South African ID along to qualify. Also, note that Pensioner Special tickets aren’t available online.
• Pensioners also get a R20 discount on a Waterfront Harbour Cruise ticket (usually R45) on these days.