“BergVenture offers the best views, location, adventure, fun and experience for camps and excursions!
Welcome to the youth camp company! Programmes offered range from adventure, leadership and teambuilding – or we adapt to what your requirements are.
BergVenture is situated at the foot of the Cathkin Peak, Central Drakensberg, overlooking the Sterkspruit falls. Nature is all around us, an experience to be enjoyed. Our facilities are big and beautiful. Accommodation is offered in dormitory styled rooms, with support staff being housed in private en-suite rooms.
All our activities are on our 205ha property, so no need for extra travelling.
At BergVenture, we design our programmes to stimulate young minds. We offer them the opportunity to explore their own untapped abilities, build new relationships and experience adventure, while having loads of fun…
Activities offered at BergVenture range from:
· Rock climbing
· Raft building
· Team building
· Forest study
· Zip line
· Obstacle course
· Stalk the lantern
· Indoor games
· To name but a few…..
Should you be looking at extra activities, we have the following in our area:
· Drakensberg Boys Choir
· Falcon Ridge Birds of Prey
· Dragon Rock Reptile Centre
· Deon’s Honey and Bee tours
· Drakensberg Canopy Tours Our Story
The Centre was built in the 1970’s by the then farm owner. Fernwood Shareblock bought the property from the F.A.K. and it’s now called BergVenture.
This beautiful sandstone building looks onto the Sterkspruit waterfall and consists of a central public area with two opposite “wings” where you will find the dorms, bathrooms and en-suite flats.
This beautiful location feels cut-off from the everyday world, but in reality it’s just a comfortable 5 min ride on tar from the nearest shop/attraction. On the farm we have wildlife such as; Zebra, Wildebeest, Springbok, Blesbok, Bush Pig, Red Hartebeest and Porcupine to name but a few. The farm is also a registered site of conservation significance thanks to the San rock paintings in the caves on the property.
We always invite teachers / representatives from school / youth groups for a free no-obligation site inspection. We provide a 6 sleeper self-catering chalet for your family for the weekend. All we ask is an hour of your time to introduce you to our great brand.
BergVenture Youth / School
BergVenture can accommodate a 120 people plus support staff. Our all-in-one centre offers a secure and safe environment and most of our activities happen in and around the centre. This eliminates the need for extensive travelling and therefore helps to reduce cost.
We have a host of activities and we can fine-tune these into a programme that will ensure a desired outcome according to the needs of your group. Our programmes are based on the following steps of progression:
1. Name games: Group members get to know one another and feel comfortable; this enables the breaking down of barriers.
2. Ice Breakers: Increase comfort levels through fun and laughter. Establish ways to relate better to each other. Being physically active.
3. Awareness activities: begin reflection upon varying perspectives. Begin to think of themselves as a group. Proximity and touching issues addressed.
4. Trust activities: Establish a foundation of trust within the group. More intense debriefing promotes deeper reflection.
5. Initiatives: Problem solving. Challenges increase.110% personal commitment necessary for success.
6. Higher Challenges: Culminating experiences for individuals and groups, often height and climbing challenges.
We do our own catering and the quality of our food is above par and we can cater to special needs.
In closing, we believe in promoting personal growth trough experiential activities where the learner discovers “the desired outcome” for him/herself through careful planning of problem solving activities. BergVenture will leave lasting memories!
BergVenture Youth camp is situated on a spectacular 250 ha game farm high above the Champagne Valley in the Central Drakensberg, KZN.
Our property shares a border with the world renowned Drakensberg Boys Choir, Falcon Ridge Raptor Rehabilitation Centre and the UNESCO Ukhalamba World Heritage Site.”