Captain Of Your Own Holiday
Spoil yourself and spend a weekend surrounded by nature.
Knysna Houseboats offers fully equipped, self-drive houseboats to spend your holiday gently cruising along in Knysna’s (South Africa) beautiful and scenic tidal estuary. No experience or skipper’s license is required.Our newly refurbished Houseboats, previously operated by Lightleys Holiday Houseboats, exceed all South African Maritime Safety Authority operational and safety requirements. They are your floating home away from home. We have outfitted them to a high specification, so it is truly a comfortable experience.Our luxurious self-drive boats have everything you might need and are suitable for up to 4 adults or a family of 5.
The inside of the boats is fully equipped with:
– Fore-cabin with a double bed, storage space and bench seat that doubles as a child’s bed
– Fully fitted galley (kitchen) with stove, oven, electric fridge, sink and all kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery
– Compact heads (bathroom) with a hot shower, chemical toilet and basin
– Comfortable inside dining area that simply converts into a double bed
– All necessary bedding
– Captains book
– Safety equipment, including life jackets, first aid kit and fire extinguisher
The outside exists of:
– Open lounge deck with a bimini
– Barbeque for the one that didn’t get away
– Roof top sundeck with plenty of space for all passengers to sun bath and enjoy the panoramic views All you need is an adventurous spirit and a love for the outdoors and we’ll make you captain of your own holiday! Please note that no smoking is permitted inside the houseboats. Look in Additional Reading for services and facilities.