The word Kumbagana is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘Place in the Sun’.
It refers to the beautiful sunsets experienced at Kumbagana Game Lodge.
Kumbagana Lodge is a privately owned lodge. It provides for tranquillity and close encounter with nature.
Enjoy the freedom and the tranquillity (peacefulness) of the Magaliesberg mountains.
Where you can
• taste clear fountain water
• see the wonderful indigenous wild flowers and the famous Peglerae Aloe
• sit on the veranda of your chalet and enjoy the game roaming around
• or enjoy a game drive through the grounds
Kumbagana Game Lodge is perfect for the getaway from the concrete jungle. School groups and Corporate Groups can enjoy forming a stronger team with the team building package offered at Kumbagana Game Lodge.
There are two wonderful Nature trails on the property, which are clearly marked and easy to walk on. They travel past ravines and up and down the Magaliesberg Mountains and into canyons. Along the way you will experience wild life consisting of buck, monkeys, baboons and leopard, water features and breath-taking views, which will make you want to come back for more.
• There is a Hiking Trail station available that can sleep 31 people.
• A boma area is available that is ideal for backpack clients.
• Kumbagana Game Lodge has a conference area which can be used for training or conferences. It can accommodate up to 80 delegates.
• Kumbagana Game Lodge has facilities available for weddings up to 80 guests.
• There are two venues, one inside and the other a beautiful large Boma outside. Accommodation:
Wooden Log Cabin:
• 10 Beautiful wooden chalets
• Each has a bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet.
• There are two single beds and two bunkbeds.
• The chalets sleep two to four people.
• Each chalet has a kitchenette with a bar fridge, counter top two plate stove and oven, microwave, crockery and cutlery.
• Fully self-service.
• There is a veranda on which to relax and be one with the nature.
• Each chalet has a braai area with a light.
Hiking Trail Station – Black Eagle:
This is an ideal overnight station for back packers, school groups or teambuilding groups.
• The house has facility for up to 31 guests
• It consists of 31 bunk beds in three separate bedrooms
• Showers, basins and toilets
• Large self-catering kitchen and fridge
• There is a dining area with tables and chairs and a lounge
• Outside there is a boma area with a braai area.
Lover’s Rock – Honeymoon Suite:
This is a one of a kind Honeymoon Suite. It is located on its own in the bush next to a natural spring.
The suite is beautifully furnished with a romantic bathroom and small kitchenette. Perfect for those special moments.
Kumbagana has the following activities available:
There are two beautiful sparkling pools on the premises.
Game drives can be arranged.
The following game can be viewed at Kumbagana:
There are two well marked hiking trails through the mountains and bush.
• Team building can be arranged.
• Weddings and small conferences can be arranged.
• Kumbagana has a beautiful conference area for Corporate conferences. This centre can seat fifty delegates. With accommodation for twenty guests. A Package can be arranged.
• Kumbagana can also cater for weddings. We have a conference area or if you would like nature to be part of your wedding we have a beautiful Boma area. Both these venues can cater for fifty guests. With accommodation for twenty adults and twenty children. Honeymoon Suite for two. A package can be arranged.