Introductory Flights & Training
Aeronav Academy is a well known and long established name in the aviation training industry in South Africa.
Aeronav Academy offers flight and ground school training for the Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Airline Transport Pilot License, Flight Instructor Rating, Multi-Engine Rating, Instrument Rating, Foreign Pilot License Conversions, Validations and hour building. Whether you choose to fly for pleasure or you wish to make a career as a pilot Aeronav can provide you with and approved course tailored to your specific needs.
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
WHY SHOULD YOU TRAIN WITH AERONAV ACADEMY?
· Aeronav Academy is a SACAA (South African Civil Aviation Authority) accredited training organisation.
· We are active members of both CAASA (The Commercial Aviation Association of South Africa) and AATOSA (Association of Aviation Training Organisation of South Africa)
· Aeronav Academy was established in 1970 and has 45 years of experience in the aviation training industry.
· Aeronav Academy is a TETA (Transport Education Training Authority) recognised training facility.
· The Diamond DA20 Eclipse is statistically the safest single engine piston training aircraft worldwide.
· The Diamond DA42 Twinstar is the most technologically advanced piston twin trainer available for multi-engine training in South Africa.
· Lanseria International Airport is well equipped giving us access to a host of facilities including emergency services, precision and non-precision approaches. Facilities accommodate RNAV, VOR, and ILS training.
· Training at Lanseria provides our students with a challenging environment where they will learn to efficiently operate in and out of controlled air space, learn to cope with operating amongst heavy commercial air traffic and learn to confidently communicate with air traffic control.
· The owner/director of Aeronav Academy is a SACAA approved DFE (designated Flight Examiner) bringing a wealth of knowledge, experience and guidance to all activities within the company.
· You will be trained by experienced, full time flight instructors who are dedicated to providing quality flight instruction.
· You will receive structured personalised training tailored to suit your needs and with a strong emphasis on developing a good safety ethos and airmanship.
· Regular ground school courses are held at Aeronav Academy. Our experienced lecturers will always go the extra mile to ensure students receive high quality lectures and gain the knowledge they will need to assist them with passing the required examinations.
· We manufacture our own study guides which are regularly updated to accommodate syllabus and legislative changes. Study material is available for all courses offered.
· We are a SACAA (South African Civil Aviation Authority) accredited examination centre. We currently offer examination facilities for PPL Exams, Night Rating exams, Restricted Radio Telephony exams and Flight Instructor exams at our premises.
· We have access to a state of the art FNPT2 (flight simulator) which is available for training.
· We encourage our students to take part in aviation activities such as spot landing competitions, air races and fly-ins.
· Johannesburg South Africa has good weather all year round.
· You will enjoy training in scenic country surroundings without having the inconvenience of being in a remote, isolated area.
· We offer competitive rates with flexible payment options.
· At Aeronav we do our best to create a happy environment. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, relaxed and supportive atmosphere for our students.
Aeronav Academy is a well known and long established name in the aviation training industry in South Africa. At Aeronav we strive to provide our clients with safe, quality flight training, a fleet of well maintained modern aircraft, a ground school staffed with highly qualified lecturers and a team of dedicated staff who will always go the extra mile to ensure flight training is conducted seamlessly in a professional and friendly environment.
Based at Lanseria International Airport, just North of Johannesburg, gives our students the best of both worlds. Not only will you be training in a beautiful, scenic environment but you will also be training at one of the busiest airports in South Africa. The experience gained from learning to fly in an environment where you will be operating at a fully controlled airport amongst heavy commercial traffic and in controlled airspace not only gives our students access to a host of facilities which are not available at smaller less equipped airfields but also gives our students the confidence they will need to successfully transition to a career in aviation.
We are very proud to offer one of the most modern training fleets in South Africa. The aircraft on our fleet were carefully selected so that we can offer safe, efficient and cost effective training on aircraft that are not only of a high quality but that are also fun and enjoyable to fly. Our primary fleet consists of our basic trainer which is the Diamond DA20 Eclipse, the DA20 is an internationally utilised basic trainer and is statistically the safest single engine trainer in the world. All multi-engine training is done on the Diamond DA42 Twinstar. The Twinstar is a phenomenal aircraft more than capable of meeting all multi-engine training needs in comfort and in style. For those who prefer older generation training aircraft we also have the Cessna 172 and Cessna 182 available to compliment our training fleet of modern composite aircraft.
At Aeronav Academy it is our vision to be one of the premier providers of Aviation Training is South Africa.
Our aim is to provide our clients with personalised, comprehensive flight training of the highest standard in an environment that is professional, friendly and welcoming. To conduct training on fleet of modern, well maintained quality aircraft and a ground school staffed with highly qualified lecturers.
Our vision is to establish Aeronav Academy as one of the aviation industries safety & quality benchmarks and to continue to grow into a flight academy with an international reputation for excellence.
At Aeronav Academy safety is afforded the highest priority over any commercial, operational, environmental and social pressures. Every precaution has been taken to provide a safe environment, both on the ground and in the air to all employees, students and clients.
While all personnel are responsible for safety it is the Safety Department’s duty to make regular inspections & audits, continuously assess any risks and hazards as well as well as evaluating the effectiveness of any preventative action taken to mitigate these risks. Our Safety Department is constantly working towards planning and implementing further improvements to our Safety Management System.
Common sense, personal interest and a good safety ethos will always be the greatest guarantees of your safety at work, in the air, on the road, and in everyday life. At Aeronav safety is taken very seriously and any wilful or habitual violation of safety rules will be considered cause for dismissal.
The cooperation of every employee and client is necessary to make Aeronav a safe place in which to work and train and at Aeronav we hope to create an atmosphere that encourages open communication and participation of everyone involved in achieving the highest safety standards possible. All employees and clients are encouraged to report any unsafe conditions or hazards immediately. It is through the various reporting systems in place at Aeronav that we are able to adopt a pro-active safety strategy and identify any emerging breaches of safety integrity.
We implore all members of Aeronav Academy, its students, clients and staff to give earnest consideration to the rules of safety presented to you by South African Civil Aviation Authority regulations, the Red Tag file system, in safety meetings and through discussions with your Chief Flight instructor and Safety Officer. It is company policy that all members give utmost and unconditional priority to safety during flight operations and in the workplace and thus embed safety as a core principle of Aeronav Academy.
Aeronav Academy and its staff are dedicated to a quality policy that will ensure that our services and products offered fully meet the requirements of our students, clients and regulatory bodies at all times. Our goal to achieve a high level of excellence, respect, quality, safety and integrity in all aspects of our operation and in doing so assist our students and clients in reaching their full potential, fulfilling their dreams and growing as successful pilots.
Aeronav Academy is a firm believer in the concept of client/ student and supplier working together in pursuing this policy and continually strives for improvements in the quality of service provided.
Our quality policy is based on four fundamental principles:
· Ensuring that we fully identify and conform to the needs of our students and clients.
· Ensuring that all practices conducted within the company are in accordance with South African Civil Aviation regulations and technical standards and all other standards set by the operator & any other regulatory bodies.
· Looking at our service provision process, identifying the potential for errors, taking the necessary action to eliminate them & ensuring procedures are in place to prevent them from reoccurring
· Everyone understanding how to do their job and doing it right the first time.
Adherence to the above principles ensures that the requirements of this policy are met and that continual improvement is realised in line with the spirit of this policy. Objectives will be set, determined, monitored and reviewed at senior management level.
While it is management’s responsibility to implement, constantly review and improve on the quality system, and in doing so ensure services and tasks are carried out in the safest, most cost effective and timely manner, it is the duty of all Aeronav Academy personnel to take responsibility for identifying student/ client needs and requirements, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed to meet those needs & reporting any non-conformities which they may come across.
We shall ensure that our personnel understand and fully implement Aeronav Academy’s policies and objectives and are able to perform their duties effectively. This will be achieved through ongoing training and is an integral part of the strategy to achieve quality objectives.
We are committed to operating continuously to this standard and will maintain the necessary quality system consistent with customer and regulatory requirements.
Pilot, Flight and Ground School Training, Lanseria Airport, Gauteng
No directions available
S 25° 55' 43.339'' E 27° 56' 3.238''