Explore Your Spirit of Adventure With Afri-Abseil
Afri-Abseil is the result of our passion for the area, climbing and being outdoors. The Abseiling Adventure
“An outdoor recreational activity and to some an outdoor sport which allows you to test your own limits while enjoying being active in the natural outdoors.”
Descend a 50 meter cliff-face into a riverbed. Your double guide-controlled decent allows you the time to breath in the natural surroundings, take in great views, river carved ridges and wide open skies – feel inspired by the geological landscape and natural formation of this ridge of fingers as you make your way down into a river valley dating back to the beginnings of time.
More than just an abseil. This unique double discipline trip offers an introduction into #ViaFerrata as you make your way to the abseil edge.
This neat little route is exposed; some may say a little “extreme”. It is fun, it is testing and ultimately it will have your heart thumping! Bringing with it the rewards of accomplishing a challenge!
- Duration: Option 1: Via Ferrata Edge Walk & Abseil: Allow approx 1 - 2 hours Option 2: Via Ferrata Edge Walk: Allow approx 1h30mins * trip durations are approximations and will vary according to group size.
- Max # of participants: Minimium age is 10 yrs old with an accompanying parent. Guests need to arrive 30 minutes prior to time slot booked.
- What should I wear? Sturdy footwear (no thongs/flip-flops/loose sandles)– sneakers/takkies/closed shoes & your courage.
- No. participants: Minimium age is 10 yrs old with an accompanying parent. Guests need to arrive 30 minutes prior to time slot booked.
- Availability: Booking essential as there are a limited number of places per departure time.
- Value for Money: Fair Deal
- Disabled Friendly: No
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Team Building Facilities: No
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
Two trip options:
Option 1: To the Edge & Abseil:
· Via Ferrata out to the abseil edge & 50m Abseil to the dry river bank.
· Cost ZAR 400 per adult, kids – 16 years ZAR 300
· Approx: 1h30m – 2hrs*
Option 2: To the Edge & Back
· Via Ferrata out along the rocky fingers, to The Edge & back along the same route (no abseil)
· Cost ZAR 300 per person
· Approx 1h–1h30*
With the benefits of 30+ years of climbing and adventuring, this exposed route has been created to share the challenge, build confidence, empower and inspire. The single pitch abseil gives you the chance to experience the spirit of exploration and adventure.
“The double connection system and ladder-like rungs create accessibility and added safety.”
The abseil point is reached by a system well known in Europe called “Via Ferrata”. What is this? A series of metal rungs form hand and foot holds creating a ladder-like pathway along the rock. Running alongside this route is a steel cable to which each individual is attached at all times. The double system of clipping in and un-clipping provides safety and ease of access.
All equipment is rated and your guide will assist and take you through the route as you make your way out to the abseil point. Take your time to look around and take in the panoramic views.
Connected At All Times
Outdoor play! Explore your spirit of adventure, build confidence, challenge your comfort zone – Abseiling – Lets Go!
What is Via Ferrata
Via Ferrata “Iron Road” or “Iron Way” with its origins in Europe. Metal rungs form ladder-like vertical pathway. Alongside this ladder-like path is a steel cable that provides increased safety. There are only a few via Ferrata routes currently in South Africa – this one, between Plettenberg Bay and Natures Valley on the Garden Route is “the one and only” year round, professionally run operation in The Cape.
Kurlandbrik Road, The Crags, Plettenberg Bay, 6602
No directions available
S 33° 56' 31.934'' E 23° 29' 38.299''