Discover Nature and Fine Yourself!
Explore the revitalising effects of the outdoors with Breakaway Trails
Trapped between Free State, Eastern Cape, and Transkei and nestled between mountains, natural creeks and the Orange River lies Break Away Trails. Just 190km from Bloemfontein on the friendly N6 to Aliwal North.Break Away Trails offers the ideal getaway for the individual, family or group at very affordable rates. The owners are also the managers and personal care is guaranteed. Enjoy the luxury accommodation while still getting the outdoor experience, being overwhelmed by countless stars, hearing the fish eagles call, and seeing small game like the Mountain Reedbuck, Steenbuck, Springbuck, and Blesbuck in their natural surroundings.Exploring offers the Orange River with all its splendour, natural creeks with cave and rock art, and numerous varieties of trees and bird life.Shed all ties from modern stress, wallow in nature, and leave feeling like a kid again.C’mon, break away!Discover Nature and Find Yourself!
- From 0 to 0
This is dependant on the adventure you choose.
- All are welcome.
- Contact us to find out about special group offers and children's activities.
- Be comfortable, be casual, be free.
- All bookings to be made in advance.
- Fair Deal
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
Imagine yourself in the soul of nature, frying the yellow fish you have just caught, listening to the Fish Eagle and watching the sunset – only you and the rugged, untamed surroundings, where cell phones, traffic jams, and rush hour seems only a remote idea.
Breakaway from city life and experience the tranquil and most beautiful environment 5km from the Orange River. Your hosts, Dirkie and Lynette, will provide 4 rustic en-suite chalets, each full self-catering. Each chalet is equipped with a fridge, hot plate, indoor braai. Breakfast or dinner can also be prepared for you on request and served in the comfort of your chalet or in the lapa.
With up to 70km scenic trails, we cater for:
- Mountain bikes – rough and easy terrain, ideal for adventure trails (bring own equipment)
- Hikers on route from mountains to the river bed and sighting rock art, old grave sites, and nature at its best
- Bird watching in an area abundant with bird life
- Fly fishing – yellow fish being the specialty seasonal (bring own equipment)