It’s Fast, it’s Fun and it’s Safe.
SA's first downhill toboggan run!
The combination of speed and skill makes downhill tobogganing the most popular new adventure sport in the world! Cool-Runnings Toboggan Track, opposite the Bellville Velodrome in Tygervalley, Cape Town, is the first downhill toboggan run in Africa. This summer version of snow tobogganing delivers the ultimate in safe, thrilling speed, in a bobsled on wheels down a 1,25 km winding track.Speed is regulated by the rider and there is no need to walk up the hill for your next go because you get on the sled at the bottom and let the automatic pully take you all the way to the top.All ages are welcome (even adults) but under-eight-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are very reasonably priced – you can buy single, double, triple or twelve ride tickets which can be shared or buy a day pass for unlimited rides.
- From R 50 to R 500
This is dependant on the number of rides or tickets purchased.
- Suitable for all ages. Children aged 3 - 7 need to be accompanied by an "adult" of 15 years or older.
- Family combos, parent/child combos, day pass and working day pass - all offered at a discounted rate.
- Wear comfortable clothes and casual/flat shoes. Avoid wearing skirts or dresses.
- Family and friends are welcome to stand on the sidelines and watch. There is food and drink available for purchase and a seating area.
- Monday - Friday: 11am-6pm
Weekends and public holidays: 9am-6pm Closed on Christmas Day or if raining
- Great Deal
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
Cool Runnings is the only toboggan track in Africa, and with sunny skies and warm temperatures, these toboggans definitely aren’t running on the traditional snow and ice. Instead, Cool Runnings toboggans run on a stainless steel track, each seating one or two people. Your ride starts with a pull up a steep grassy slope by a hook at the bottom of your toboggan. From there, your sled is released and you’ll go flying down the track with 17 corners, S-bends and a tunnel. You can control your own speed with a break, but adrenaline junkies can easily reach up to a whopping 40km an hour. The sled will automatically slow down as it comes into the docking station, so you have nothing to worry about except having a good time. Cool Runnings Toboggan Family Park is situated on the slopes of Durbanville, just a short span away from Willowbridge and Tygervalley Shopping Centres and adjacent to the golf driving range and Bellville Velodrome. The park also boasts a large, covered terrace, food and drink facilities and a liquor license, making it the perfect spot for corporate functions, family outings, and kids’ parties.
• Cool Runnings Toboggan Family Park is the only toboggan track in Africa
• Toboggans run on a stainless steel track, each with a break for controlling speeds
• Great location for corporate functions, family outings, and kids parties