Feel The Need For Speed, Then Come Sandboarding
Sandboarding Cape Town offer tours and trips in the Atlantis dunes of Western Cape, South Africa. We also transport you straight into the dunes in our 4x4!
The real art of sandboarding is balancing your weight with your feet fixed to a sandboard whilst skimming down a sand dune. You can control your need for speed by firstly selecting a dune with a height and angle that you are comfortable testing your limits on, and secondly controlling your descent using a method referred to as carving which is the art of shifting your weight from your heels to your toes forcing the board to steer left or right. Once these skills have been mastered you can start throwing in a few tricks of your own like jumping and ramping off smaller dunes and busting out back flips with 180 degree spins!
Vital Information: You should be reasonably physically fit to take part. This experience is ideal for complete beginners.
- Duration: Your Sandboarding experience will last 2.5 hours to 3 hours, depending on your stamina.
- Max # of participants: Its a minimum of 4 people to make a booking, if you are less than 4 people I can try join you with a another group.
- Special Offers: Discounts - R50 discount per person on bookings of 8 or more people. Kids under 15 - R200 per person if booking is for 6 or more.
- What should I wear? Dress like you are going to the beach. Bring sunscreen, hat or cap, sunglasses, thick socks and trainers.
- No. participants: Its a minimum of 4 people to make a booking, if you are less than 4 people I can try join you with a another group.
- Value for Money: Great Deal
- Disabled Friendly: No
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Team Building Facilities: Yes
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
There are numerous sand dunes throughout Southern Africa. Cape Town boasts two popular sites, on the West Coast are the ever shifting dunes of Atlantis which range in size up to 35 metres and on the east coast there is the massive 250 metre dune in Betty’s Bay planted on the side of a mountain, both are under an hour’s drive from the city centre. Don’t feel left out if you find yourself living in Johannesburg, there is plenty of action to be found at the Benoni mine dumps.
Dylan is an experienced guide who will take you and your friends for a day out. He uses only professional equipment for your safety, his sandboards are imported snowboards that have been modified for use on sand with sturdy bindings that give your feet a firm grip on the board, vital for complete control and safety. Dylan can collect you in his 4×4 and take you to the heart of the dunes, there he will get you familiar with the equipment and take you step by step through the process of waxing your board, safety and the art of carving.
In no time at all your will be speeding down an untamed dune. A usual session is about four hours long and can include ice cold refreshments as well as transport to and from the dunes. You can also add quad biking and paintball to the day with a stop at a restaurant overlooking Table Mountain for sundowners and a moment to take it all in!
Sandboarding Prices for Atlantis / Cape Town Dunes
• Ultimate 4×4 Sandboarding – 15 mins basic training then 4×4 lift to the top of the dunes, you sandboarding down and get Driven back up Duration 3hrs R650 per person
• Classic Sandboarding – 4×4 drive into dunes , some training and sandboarding duration 2.5hrs R400 per person , R350pp if you book for 5 or more
• ATV Quad Biking – 1 hour duration – R750 per person
• Transport – driver picks you up brings you to the dunes and takes you home after – R250 per person
for kids under the age of 15 yrs
Sandboarding is super fun and kids take to it very quickly, our guides will demonstrate how they can stand or sled (sitting) on the sandboards. Our pro guides will ensure everyone has a great experience.
Our Guides will meet you at the Cape Town / Atlantis Sand Dunes at a arranged time (normally 9am). The dunes are 45km from Cape Town CBD, just under an hour drive to be safe.
What to bring:
• Dress like you going to the beach, shorts t-shirt
• Cooler box with lots of water and cool-drinks
Minimum booking of : 6
Rates: R200 per kid
Spectators pay R40/person (Dune Reserve Entry fee)
• 2 hours sandboarding
• Expert instruction from trained and experienced guides
• All equipment
If you require 4×4 vehicles quad bikes and experienced drivers for film or commercial related shoots, reccies, or even a private tour of the Atlantis dunes please feel free to contact me, I have personally work in various departments in the film industry and have 10 years experience driving in the dunes, if you don’t know the dunes or have any sand driving experience it can be dangerous please be cautious.
Team Building / Year end Function
Sandboarding is a great team building experience, depending on your budget we can add quad biking and/or Willy Jeep 4x4ing.
With these functions we supply a Gazebo for shade and table, all you bring is drinks. We do 4×4 assisted sandboarding,
• 10 or more = R550pp
• 16 or more = R500 pp
• 22 or more = R450pp
I recommend the Willis jeep 4×4, its R3000 for (3hrs) its seats 3 people at a time and its driven by a 4×4 instructor, who will drive your team up and down and all around the dunes. It’s a great way to see the landscape of the area, your colleagues will love it.
The quads are R650 per bike per hour.
We normally start around 9am finish around 12pm, its best to go and have lunch afterwards somewhere in Bloubergstrand like Doodles or Big Bay.
All you need to bring is Refreshments so water cool drinks, I have cooler boxes if needed but normally people just bring their own.
Sandboarding Cape Town, Dassenberg Road, Atlantis, Cape Town, 0083
No directions available
S 33° 35' 56.076'' E 18° 27' 6.926''