Face your fears...take the plunge
Experience your adrenaline soar as you bungy jump, or tandem off the Gourits River bridge.
Gourits River Bridge is the original African Bungy jump site, established in 1989 in Mossel Bay on the Garden Route and still going strong. It is proudly owned and operated by Face Adrenalin, South Africa’s globally recognized Bungy Brand and the same crew who bring us the world’s highest commercial jump, the Bloukrans Bridge Bungy, 40km east of Plettenburg Bay.
What Makes Gourits Special?
The Jump site is situated at the top of the old N2 motor bridge that was converted into a walkway sometime ago. Running parallel to it at the jumpers back, is a functioning train bridge, while directly to front is a third overpass which forms part of the N2 Highway. With the walkway serving as the launch area for both the Bunji and the Bridge swing, spectators tend to be up close and personal. With music going, interaction with on-lookers, magnificent views, and bridges on either side of you, Gourits River Bridge Bungy in Mossel Bay offers a uniqueness, best described as Festive and Fun, especially over peak holiday periods.
Vital Information: All equipment used is made to the highest safety standard. Your safety is always of Primary concern and every safety precaution is taken.
- Max # of participants: All Face Adrenalin adventures are suitable for groups, F.I.Ts, incentive and teambuilding packages. Contact us with your enquiries today!
- What should I wear? Wear comfortable outdoor clothes and a good pair of trainers. No skirts or dresses as you will be fitted with harness.
- No. participants: All Face Adrenalin adventures are suitable for groups, F.I.Ts, incentive and teambuilding packages. Contact us with your enquiries today!
- Spectators: This venue enables spectators to stand on the bridge and watch their friends take the plunge, up close and personal. Spectators are most welcome to join us, and to cheer the jumpers on.
- Availability: Booking, although not essential, is always advisable especially during peak holiday periods. Scroll down to find Enquiry Form.
- Other Info: This is where Bungy jumping began in South Africa! Originated by Kiwi Extreme, which now operates under the Face Adrenalin banner. Gourits River Bridge is 65m high, and is the longest running bungy site in Africa.
- Value for Money: Great Deal
- Disabled Friendly: No
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Team Building Facilities: Yes
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
At 65 meters above ground, more or less the same height as an 18 storey building, this particular bungee jump with its incredible ground rush, offers enthusiasts a Heart-Pumping adrenalin fueled experience that wont easily be forgotten. The ground shoots up and as the cord stretches, the sudden realization sets in that you are in fact a safe distance above it. On the recoil, there is a moment of surrealism, where for a split second you are in close proximity of spectators staring up at them bemused. With them cheering you on, you are in a state of Euphoria.
Gourits Bridge Swing
Feel the rush of the air past your face as you swing over the riverbed below, underneath the bridge, and across to the other side of the valley.
Just as you thought you had done it all, the Gourits Bridge Swing in Mossel Bay looms ahead. This is the ultimate in flying without wings. Leap, fall, jump or dive off the platform while being securely attached to the opposite bridge – the ultimate swing.
The swing rope is attached to the side of the N2 highway bridge through a specially designed mechanism engineered to the highest standards, made for this specific purpose. The rope is securely attached to a harness and a leap off the edge then follows. The distance between the two bridges is ideal for purpose, creating the perfect pendulum, for a really big big swing.
Tandem Swings are available and make for an unforgettable adventure experience to share with your partner. Alone or together, you can do it!
This is great for those who don’t like to bungee jump head first here you don’t hang upside down but go off feet first ensuring that you are in an upright position at all times. This is a great activity for teambuilding and incentives. Large groups easily catered for
Face Adrenalin are also the proud operators of the The Bloukrans Bridge Bungy and Flying Fox Zip Line Experience, as well as the majestic Tranquility Lodge.
Live the Experience!
Bloukrans River Bridge, Tsitsikamma, Plettenberg Bay, 6600
35 Kilometers to the West of Mossel Bay along the N2 national road is the historical Gourits River Bridge. Immdeaitly after crossing the bridge on the N2 coming from the Cape Town side, turn off to the left and that’s where you will find us.
S 33° 57' 59.904" E 23° 38' 43.472"