Shuttle and Charter Services to See South Africa Your Way
Discover the feeling of a dream come true and sights few have seen. Board an aircraft and watch the lasting beauty and mystique of the African continent unfold beneath you.
What We DoFlying into the African bush is a once in a lifetime experience. South Africa’s stunning natural landscape is never better showcased than from the air. Although the full Federal Airlines experience is not limited to your time in the air. Instead it is a full journey, with VIP service at every turn. From being collected at OR Tambo International and experiencing personalized check in to settling in our tranquil outdoor lounge and walking straight onto the tarmac to board, flying with Federal Airlines redefines what you thought you knew about air travel. Federal Airlines offers a premium point to point shuttle service. We also offer highly customizable charter flights for both business and leisure travellers. Our offering and points of service have all been tailored and perfected to provide the best possible assistance to tour operators and top level luxury safari lodges.
Shuttle ServicesFederal Airlines offers daily shuttles to South Africa’s most popular safari reserves. This includes luxury safari lodges based in Sabi, Kruger, Timbavati, Phinda and Madikwe. The flights are complemented by our exclusive shuttle service offering.
Charter ServicesCharter flights through Bateleur for corporate and leisure travellers are tailored to meet your every need. Our team will ensure a safe, efficient and punctual flight to a destination of your choice. Whether you are flying on shuttle or have chosen to enjoy a charter aircraft all to yourself, guests flying with Federal Airlines enjoy the following excellent services, ensuring that their Federal Airlines travel experience is safe and seamless: · Friendly, efficient and complimentary Meet and Greet service · Premium lounge, shower facilities and complimentary food and beverages for all passengers · Complimentary Excess Luggage storage Facilities available at the departure lounge for (return flights only) · Quick and efficient boarding and disembarking due to direct access to aircraft · Boutique shopping · Free internet access · The only outdoor lounge area at OR Tambo International Airport
Vital Information: As with any flight, some turbulence can occur on occasion.
You will be met at your arrivals gate if we have been made aware of your connection. We have shower facilities where you can revive yourself before enjoying a fresh cup of coffee and freshly catered snacks in the lounge.
Our guests enjoy the lounge and its amenities free of charge. Everything on offer to you within the lounge in complimentary – excluding items you wish to purchase from our Safari Boutique.
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
Who We Are
Federal Airlines is one of the most multi-faceted aviation companies in South Africa. Federal Airlines innovated the service of doing guest shuttles out to some of Africa’s most stunning luxury safari lodges in the 90’s. We have since partnered with world leaders in luxury safari experiences as part of their commitment to raise the bar in bespoke aviation. As a result we have become renowned for delivering a unique and seamless travel experience unparalleled on the market. There are two aspects to Federal Airline’s offering. We offer shuttle services to luxury safari lodges and charter services.
Our company philosophy holds customer service in the highest regard as we strive to deliver on our promises and cement our reputation of excellence in shuttle flights.
To be the only way to experience flight on a dream African safari, the only way to reach the region’s luxury safari lodges and to offer a service that goes above and beyond expectation every time.
To offer total client satisfaction by treating every guest as a VIP to ensure efficiency in our door to door service and to maintain the trust of our guests and partners that has been built over the years.
Achieve the highest levels of safety, and to broaden our reach and service offering through the expansion of our fleet.
At Federal Airlines, our Private Charter Department ensures that guests’ dreams do come true. Flights are moulded to each individual’s needs and requirements, which include private flights to luxury game lodges in the bush or at the coast, incentivized trips for large groups of guests, and flights for corporate executives for whom time is of the essence, and where confidentiality can be guaranteed. Large corporate groups can even be accommodated with flights in a Boeing or on more than one 1900 airplanes if needed.
Each flight is tailored exclusively, taking into account all passenger comforts including – to name but a few – the type of aircraft being used, catering requirements with consideration given to dietary needs, specific liquid refreshments, cuddly blankets for those cold winter days and pillows for the long distance traveller. Not to forget that we have highest guest liability insurance in South Africa, providing our guests the ultimate peace of mind.
Our specialists will assist you in selecting the best aircraft and will take care of your logistical issues such as transport to and from Federal Airlines private facilities. Our customized itineraries ensure that you will always fly on your own terms.
Situated at Johannesburg International Airport, our friendly staff are there to provide a welcoming meet and greet service off both domestic and international flights, and transfers from the airport building to our exclusive lounge facility which boasts delicious food and drinks, shower facilities and Wi-Fi. We pride ourselves on providing flexibility, value and unparalleled levels of safety and personal service.
As the pioneer and market leader in the southern African Air Shuttle Services industry, Federal Airlines offers a daily shuttle service to luxury safari lodges in:
· Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
· Kruger National Park
· Timbavati Private Game Reserve
· Madikwe Game Reserve
· Manyaleti Game Reserve
· Pafuri (Outpost Lodge)
Our premier shuttle service flies daily from OR Tambo International Airport (JNB), and Kruger-Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP). All Shuttle Services can be booked directly by lodges or your travel agents. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Shuttle services exclusive to Federal Airlines:
· Multiple daily shuttle departures to luxury safari lodges
· Internationally recognized Safety and Quality Management Systems
· Welcome booth and waiting facilities at OR Tambo International Airport
· Complimentary guest parking at the Federal Airlines Lounge
· Complimentary luggage storage facilities at the Federal Airlines Lounge
· Access to the exclusive Federal Airlines lounge
Stepping out into the arrivals hall at OR Tambo can be a daunting experience – especially for international travellers who are not familiar with South Africa. Because the comfort and enjoyment of our passengers is our top priority, Federal Airlines provides a complimentary meet and greet service to every passenger connecting via OR Tambo. You will feel both safe and welcome with your Federal Airlines representative waiting for you as you step through the doors ready to transfer you to our private facility adjacent to OR Tambo. A quick 10 minute drive will see you arriving at our doors where the oasis of our lounge awaits you for a much needed wash up, cup of coffee, food and a moment of quiet relaxation before your adventure begins.
A once in a lifetime trips deserves a once in a lifetime lounge. An African bush safari adventure should not start with a generic, cold and enclosed waiting area. Federal Airline’s lounge is an oasis of peace and tranquillity situated outside under the warm African sun exclusively for Federal Airline guests. The lounge was built and decorated in the style of a luxury safari lodge making you feel as though your holiday has already started. This also goes a long way to giving our corporate guests a chance to have a few moments of relaxation – or to catch up on important emails.
The outdoor lounge boasts direct access to the apron along with a host of comforts. Our guests can enjoy complimentary refreshments, canapés and light meals and Wi-Fi. We also have washroom and shower facilities and a safari boutique for those last minute gifts. Our staff will take care of your need while you wait to board creating a welcoming atmosphere that is synonymous with South African hospitality. If you are flying for leisure, after enjoying your flight, you will arrive directly at your lodge where one of their game rangers will personally collect you from the runway.
Whether you have flown for business or pleasure, when you arrive back from your trip, we invite you to take some time to unwind and relax in the lounge.
Flying to the Bush
Flying in the bush can be a rewarding and engaging experience. Spectacular aerial views of the African bush and the marvels of nature can be enjoyed by our passengers whilst in flight. Operating in the bush airstrips presents different challenges to a more conventional airport, and the flights are susceptible to unique situations that do not affect conventional services.
· The unique nature of flying into the bush means that there may be opportunity to see more and experience more before you arrive at your lodge. A point to point shuttle service means that you will maybe experience a maximum of two stops before reaching your final destination. This depends on our route plan for the day and what the runway at your lodge of choice will allow in terms of aircraft size.
· We place our guests’ safety above all other concerns. Our 20 years of experience helps us to ensure that our guests always enjoy a smooth, comfortable transfer.
· We work with a departure window as opposed to a strict departure time. Flight departures and arrivals can therefore vary. Our route structure constantly changes due to variations in the daily inbound/outbound activity of each lodge. This means that we will never know our exact routing until the day before arrival or departure. It also means that we are able to be more flexible in accommodating passengers who experience delays on their inbound flights.
· Aircraft can be delayed due to animals obstructing the runway – especially during winter when the animals are attracted to the warmth being radiated from the airstrips. When animals are present, we coerce them off the airstrip to allow for a safe landing or take-off. This is in no way dangerous and our crew are well trained to handle these types of scenarios.
· Johannesburg International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Southern Hemisphere. As such we often incur Air Traffic Control delays due to aircraft congestion.
Federal Airlines strives to be at the forefront of industry best practice with regards to flight safety and quality assurance. Evidence of this is presented in our integrated Safety and Quality Management System. Our mission is to ensure that the highest possible level of Safety for Passengers and Company Employees alike is maintained. Federal Airlines is governed by the applicable aviation safety regulations, standards and exemptions as defined by the South African Civil Aviation Technical Standards and the South African Civil Aviation Regulations as well as the applicable sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993. Federal Airlines is regularly audited by external institutions including Litson and Associates and Hart, this ensures a high level of Safety and Quality is upheld in line with the standards required by our various clients requiring BARS standards.
Federal Airlines’ Safety and Quality Management Systems have been endorsed as a high priority endeavour by the CEO, who plays an active role in the promotion, maintenance of standards and enhancement of these programs. Safety measures are instituted to maintain the highest level of safety achievable. Every precaution has been taken to provide a safe environment both on the ground and in the air. Federal Airlines utilizes the necessary resources to ensure its success which include a full time Safety Manager, Quality Manager and assistant to both.
Our facilities include a swift baggage check in counter. We kindly request that out guests adhere to our rules and regulations regarding baggage limitations. Due to the nature of charter and shuttle flight services, our aircraft are smaller than typical airliners and therefore have much smaller luggage holds.
Our baggage restrictions are as follows:
· Bags must be soft on all sides similar to that of a duffel bag. No cases with hard sides are allowed.
· Maximum check in luggage weight allowed is 20kg/44lbs
· Carry-on luggage is restricted to one piece weighing a maximum of 5kg/11lbs
· Suggested luggage size is 40cm/16 inches wide x 30cm/12 inches high x 60cm/24 inches long
· Should your luggage be unsuitable for the above requirements, you will be asked to repack your luggage into one of the soft bags available at Federal Airlines at an additional cost.
· Should your luggage exceed our limitations, we do provide a complimentary luggage storage facility offered on a return flight basis. Excess luggage remains the responsibility of the affected passenger at all times.
· Oversized bags cannot be carried on your lap as unsecured objects inside the cabin are hazardous to your safety.
· If you wish accommodate extra luggage ahead of time, please book and pay for an additional seat in advance as this may not be an option on the date of your flight without a pre-booking. This extra seat will allow you an additional 60kg (132lbs) of luggage and is subject to the above specifications.
· Complimentary excess luggage storage facilities are offered on a return flight basis at both O R Tambo and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airports.