Living on The Water
Accommodation with 360 views of the pristine Langebaan Lagoon
This unique experience offers you the opportunity of “living on the water”. With breathtaking lagoon views and all nature has to offer on your doorstep, it is ideal for a family getaway or even a romantic retreat. Kraalbaai Luxury House Boats is self catering but we can cater for you on request. Nirvana HouseboatThe Nirvana Houseboat consists of an upper and lower deck. It is luxuriously finished and ideally suited for use by corporate groups, family holidays, special occasions and functions.The Larus HouseboatThe Larus Houseboat accommodates a maximum of 6 guests in 3 Cabins. It consists of a well equipped open plan kitchen and dining area with a braai facility.Activities· Watersports (tube & Wakeboarding)· Walking Trails· Fishing ChartersTo Rent· Single & double kayak rentals a Single R200 p/d & Double R300 p/d· Stand up paddle boards R200 p/d· Water Taxi R600 return trip
Vital Information: If you want to fish just make sure to pick up your permit at the local post office. Locals say red bait and fishing at night is the way to go.
- From 2530 to 12550
- The nirvana that sleeps 22 can have an extra 8 day visitors. The larus that sleeps 6 can have an extra 6 day visitors.
- As much as this saddens us we cant allow animals on the boats. Units are self-catering and have all your basic utensils.
- Great Deal
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
The Nirvana Houseboat
The Nirvana Houseboat consists of an upper and lower deck. It is luxuriously finished and ideally suited for use by corporate groups, family holidays, special occasions and functions. It accommodates up to 24 guests. It is approximately four hundred square meters in size, and weighs 130 tons. A Naval architect designed the houseboat to South African Maritime specifications. The lower deck of the Nirvana accommodates a maximum of 14 people.
The facilities include:
· Spacious lounge with fireplace and sound system. The lounge leads out onto the large, wind-free foredeck, equipped with tables and chairs making this the ideal spot for dining with a view.
· State of the art, fully equipped kitchen with large gas stove, oven and fridge. Kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery. In fact, all you need to bring is your food and drink.
· Five spacious bedrooms each with queen size beds, which can be split into two single beds depending on your sleeping preferences.
· The sixth bedroom is equipped with two comfortable bunk beds (4 Sleeper).
· Three full bathrooms –flush toilets, large pentagonal showers and basins.
· Foredeck–large wind free area leading off the lounge offering guests a unique dining area with spectacular views and shaded outside seating.
· Spacious 45 square meter floating platform, leading off the foredeck area, offering barbeque facilities, sun-bathing and swimming.
The upper deck of the Nirvana accommodates a maximum of 10people and compromises the following:
· The upper deck can be accessed from either the aft-or fore-deck via staircases on either side respectively.
· The spacious lounge offers spectacular wrap-around views and has plenty of space for luxury laid back relaxing as well as a bar-counter area.
· Two Bedrooms, each with queen size beds, which can be split into two single beds depending on your sleeping preferences.
· The third bedroom is smaller and has a comfortable double bed which cannot be split into two singles.
· Two comfortable double sleeper couches in the lounge area.
· A large deck for lounging and sunbathing.
· Full Bathroom-flush toilet, large pentagonal shower and basin
The Larus Houseboat
The Larus Houseboat accommodates a maximum of 6 guests in 3 Cabins. It consists of a well equipped open plan kitchen and dining area with a braai facility. The main cabin has a queen size bed and the second cabin a comfortable bunk bed (2sleeper). The third cabin has removable mattresses which are used at night (2 sleepers).
· Flotation for house boat
· Swim deck with flotation
· Aluminium covering
· Deck under covering
· Solar panels and Inverter
· Exterior bench
· Stainless steel stations and wire railing
· Gas geyser
· Boat house @ 45msqd
· Aluminium windows
New Houseboat – Coming Soon!
Our new Luxury House boat is a must for complete Luxury and relaxation. With its modern design and off finishing, It includes 2 bedrooms, lounge, fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. Outside we have a patio and braai facility. The upper sun deck is perfect for relaxing with a sun downer while enjoying the breathtaking sunset views the lagoon has to offer.
Frequently asked questions
Do you supply linen?
Fresh Linen and one towel per bed are supplied. We do suggest bringing extra towels for long stays and splashing in the water.
Can we drink the water on the boat?
Yes most certainly. The water is pumped into the boats holding tanks from a fresh water tank.
Can we Braai (barbecue) on the boat and where do we get wood?
There are Braai facilities on the boats deck with grid. You are welcome to bring your own grid, wood, charcoal or purchase a 30Kg bag of wood from our friendly skipper’s @R125 per bag
What time does the nature reserve gates close and open? And arrival and departure times?
The parks gates close @ 6pm and reopens @ 7am. Arrival @ Kraalbaai House Boats is anytime from 2pm and departure 10a.m.
Can we bring our furry children?
As much as this saddens us we can’t allow animals on the boats. Unfortunately we are in a national nature reserve and have to adhere to the rules and regulations of the park.
Wi-Fi available for my daily social networking?
We are among the few who don’t have that infrastructure. Sorry to say it’s going to be you and the tranquillity of the nature all by yourself.
How do we get on and off the boat?
We have staff that is available 24/7 that resides onshore. They will ferry you to and from your boat in a leisure boat as required. When you first arrive on your boat they will do a small introduction regarding safety and the equipment on the boat where after you will be supplied with their mobile number.
Is the park entrance fee included in our booking?
Your booking excludes the entrance fee and has to be settled @ the gate in their normal operating times.
Should we bring plates, forks etc?
Units are self-catering and have all your basic utensils from forks, plates, cup, bowls, pans, pots and so-forth incl. outside braai, fridge, and gas stove and microwave.
Is there hot water for showering?
All taps from the kitchen sink to the shower are supplied with hot water from a gas geyser. If for some reason there is no hot water please contact the skipper onshore.
Is there electricity on the boats?
We use a 5kva 220v solar system. This should be enough for all your daily needs from charging phones to laptops. Please keep in mind it is solar and the more we use the less we have.
What forms of payment do you except?
We do cash, EFT, debit and credit cards. Unfortunately no cheques accepted.
Can we have day visitors on the boats?
The nirvana that sleeps 22 can have an extra 8 day visitors. The Larus that sleeps 6 can have an extra 6 day visitors. These extra persons should be off the boat by sunset as per SAMSA requirement.
Can we book only one night?
Yes you can except for the 6 sleeper over weekends (Fri&Sat)
Where will we find you in the nature reserve?
Once you are @ the west coast national park gates either from the R27 or from Langebaan’s side. You would need to head to Kraalbaai, 21.3 km from the R27 gate and 31.6 km from the Langebaan gate. Feel free to use the map you received from the gate. You will spot us long before you are at Kraalbaai on your right-hand side. There you will find the house boats. You must inform us of your arrival time so we can have our skippers waiting for you at the jetty. They will assist with your luggage and transporting you to your boat. They will do a small introduction of your boat ins and outs regarding safety, Electricity and warm water. After which he will supply you with is cell number for any assistance and getting on and off the boat.
What should we bring with?
Apart from clothes, food and toiletries we suggest bring wine, cooler box, ice, your camera, bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books and any activities you can enjoy on the water. Please also note we do deliveries from your favourite Langebaan takeaway or beverage store (delivery fee will apply) we have rentals for your enjoyment like kayaks, SUP boards and bicycles. And water-sports like tubing and wake-boarding. Please don’t bring stress and worries. No one likes those brothers. .
What Activities are there for us?
Sunbathing, Swimming , Beach, Hiking, Mountain biking, Bird watching, Eating, Drinking, Kayaks, Sup boards, water sports, Braaing, Site seeing, boat trips, fishing and most importantly relaxing!
Are we allowed to fish?
Just make sure to pick up your permit at the local post office. Locals say red bait and fishing at night is the way to go.
Can we arrive in our own boat?
The lagoon requires a permit which can be purchased from SanParks Offices. Just make sure your skippers, buoyancy and fitness certificate travels with. You can launch at the yacht club and club Mykonos for a launching fee or for free in Alabama street in Langebaan central.
When do we have to pay the balance for our stay?
We suggest one week before arrival if no arrangements were made to pay on arrival with card or cash.
What is your Cancellation policy
· 7 days or less before arrival = 100% (of booking total)
· 8 – 14 days before arrival = 100% (of deposit)
· 15 – 21 days before arrival = 50% (of deposit)
· 22 – 30 days before arrival = 25% (of deposit)
· 10% Cancellation fee 31 days and above