Ride the Waves in Muizenberg Bay
Catch the Muizenberg waves with Surf Emporium. Have geat lessons, join the events and connect with new people.
Surf EmporiumSurf Emporium is internationally renowned as South Africa’s most popular Surf and SUP destination with a proven track record. Surf Emporium, located on the Muizenberg beach front Surfers Corner, offers an accredited Surf and SUP School, high quality equipment rental hub, retailer of leading Surf and SUP brands and a Vida e Caffè all under one roof.
EventsWe specialise in surf and SUP group packages for Corporate Companies, Universities, Schools, and Groups looking for an exciting event that people won’t forget We can accommodate groups of 100+ people, so no group is too big! Book now for your next Birthday, Team-Building or even Bachelor or Bachelorette Party!
Discovery VitalityAs the official Surfing & Stand Up Paddle boarding partner to Discovery Vitality, you can now earn up to 100 Vitality Points for your surf or SUP lessons with Surf Emporium. Simply log your points on our Discovery Vitality iPad application in-store!
Vital Information: Trading Hours: Monday-Sunday 07:30-17:30 (Winter) Monday-Sunday 07:00-18:30 (Summer)
From 120 to 1600
Lessons are an hour and a half in length.
Kids under 10 have one hour lessons.
We can accommodate up to 50 per group. Our instructor to participants ration is 1:5
Please bring swimsuit, towel, sunblock and a good dose of enthusiasm.
Spectators my tan and watch from the beach.
7 days a week, all year round.
All equipment for the lessons (surfboard and wetsuit) are provided by the the Surf School but you can also bring your own.
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
Surf Emporium is also home to the widely acclaimed Roxy Learn 2 Surf and Surf with Quicksilver Programmes. Join Roxy Davis, 8 x South African Surfing Champion, and her team of professional and qualified Surf and SUP coaches for private or group lessons. Lessons are 90 minutes (one and a half hours) on Muizenberg beach or the Zandvlei in Muizenberg. The suburb of Muizenberg is regarded as one of the best learn to surf beaches in the world with long lines of waves rolling in on a regular basis and with no strong currents.
What to Expect
Your lesson will be tailored according to your own surfing or SUP’ing skill level. Your coach will teach you the essentials of learning how to surf or SUP and equip you with the knowledge of how to ride your first wave. Your coach will also inform you about surfing or SUP’ing etiquette, ocean awareness and safety.
What to bring: Please bring your swimming costume, towel, sunscreen and dose of enthusiasm!
Private Surf Lesson
- 1 person private lesson R360
- 4 lesson private package R1080
- 2 people private lesson R300 each
- 2 people 4 lesson package R950 each
- 3 people private lesson R275 each
- 3 people 4 lesson package R850 each
- 4 people private lesson R230 each
- 4 people 4 lesson package R750 each
- 5 people private lesson R210 each
- 5 people 4 lesson package R650 each
- Individual lesson with your own equipment R260 each
- 4 lesson package with your own equipment R850 each
Children under age 10 Freezer Private Lesson
Duration of surf lessons 1 hour
Includes: Surfboard, Wetsuit and use of surf school facilities
- 1 child freezer private lesson R300
- 1 child 5 freezer lesson private package R1200
Monthly club membership
R135 per month
Includes: Half price on surfboard and wetsuit rentals and use of surf school facilities.
*Please note club membership is not transferable
R175 per month
Includes: Store your surfboard, 1/2 price on surfboard and wetsuit
rentals and use of surf school facilities
*Please note club membership + is not transferable
- 4 month learn to surf programme R1600 Feb-May/Aug-Nov
- 1 month group programme R450
Duration of lesson: 1.5hrs
Includes: surfboard, wetsuit and use of facilities 1:5 coach to student ratio
Please enquire for lesson times.
Make your own group of five people and choose your own lesson time.
Please note: Special programme lessons not redeemed are forfeited.
- Surfboard and Wetsuit 1.5 hrs R110 (R30 per additional hour)
- Surfboard 1.5 hrs R70 (R20 per additional hour)
- Wetsuit 1.5 hrs R50 (R10 per additional hour)
- Bodyboard 1.5 hrs R50 (R10 per additional hour)
- SUP and Paddle 1.5 hrs R100 (R30 per additional hour)
- SUP + Paddle and Wetsuit R140 (R40 per additional hour)
- Surfboard Daily Rental R250
- Wetsuit Daily Rental R150
- SUP and Paddle Daily Rental R500
- Surfboard Weekly Rental R1000
- Wetsuit Weekly Rental R550
- SUP and Paddle Weekly Rental R3500
About Surf Emporium
Surf Emporium, founded by 8 x South African Surfing Champion Roxy Davis, offers a far-reaching value proposition that includes the provision of Surf and SUP lessons, rental of Surf and SUP equipment, a retailer of leading Surf and SUP brands and a Vida e Caffè all under one roof. We aim to provide a family environment where you can share the stoke with us whether it is something you are thinking about trying for the first time or something you have loved for years. The Surf Emporium store is conveniently located on the Muizenberg beach front, Surfers Corner. Muizenberg is a destination that is internationally regarded as being one of the best learn to Surf an SUP spots in the world. Muizenberg is South Africa’s surfing and SUP’ing nursery and attracts
hundreds of thousands of local Capetonians as well as tourists from all over the world.
Meet the Founder
Roxy founded her Surf School in 2002 with an umbrella on Muizenberg beach and a clear vision of where she wanted to go with the concept. Her dreams became a reality far sooner than she had anticipated. Growing from a dream of teaching forty girls a week quickly turned into 200 girls within the first Programme intake. The umbrella soon gave way for a share of half a hardware store for storage, and later into opening her own Surf School facility, which she aptly named the Roxy Surf Club. A few years later, she turned her girls only surf school into a Surf Emporium for all males and females of all ages.
What is the Holiday Surf Camp?
This programme has been designed by internationally qualified ISA surf coach and 8 x South African champion Roxy Davis. This ever successful programme offers structured half day surf camps in the school holidays for both males & females aged 10 to 18 years old. This programme is a great way to get the kids active during their holidays as well as an awesome way to have fun & make great friends. The participants do activities together in bigger and smaller groups, they will learn how to surf, and also excellent team-building and leadership qualities.
What is included in the Holiday Surf Camp?
- A 2 hour surf lesson;
- Average coach to participant ratio 1:5;
- All equipment including surfboard & wetsuit hire;
- Use of surf school facilities including separate male & female change rooms, warm showers & lockers;
- Snacks & hot chocolate;
- Friends, fun & lots of good memories!
What to expect during Holiday Surf Camp?
- Each day the surfing participant will check in at the front desk to let the team know you have arrived
- We will do beach warm ups and games from 09:00 – 09:30
- The lesson will be 2 hours starting at 09:30 – 11:30
- Hot chocolate & snacks from 11:30 – 12:00
- 12:00 collection
Where is the Holiday Surf Camp?
- Day 1: Please arrive between 8:00 and 08:30 for registration and signing in
- Please meet at our store: Surf Emporium (Blue and White striped building), Muizenberg
- The Surf Camp will start at 9:00 so please be sure you set aside enough time to find parking, get into the wetsuit, have a drink of water and put on sun block
- We will be heading down to the beach at 9:00 sharp and students will be assigned to their surf coaches and groups at this time
What to bring?
- Padlock for locker;
- *Wetsuit & surfboard if you would like to use your own equipment;
- A great attitude & willingness to learn!
*All equipment will be provided if you do not have your own.
That’s Me Surf Photography
- We will have That’s Me Surf photography joining us on the good weather days;
- On days that the photographer is at the beach, we will give participants a photography card with the link to images for that day;
- Participants will then be able to view & purchase their images via a digital download.
What is the cost of Holiday Surf Camp
- 1 Day(s) Surf Camp: R250.00 / Join in fee per day;
- 2 Day(s) Surf Camp: R500.00* / Join in fee per day: R250.00
- 3 Day(s) Surf Camp: R600.00* / Join in fee per day: R250.00
- 5 Day(s) Surf Camp: R900.00* / Join in fee per day: R250.00
*Reduced rate only applicable if paid upfront