Tandem Skydiving The Sport You'll Fall For.
Come do tandem skydiving, static line jumps and your skydiving coarses all year round with us.
TandemAfter a ground briefing you are taken on a scenic 20 minute plane ride up to jump altitude (8 000ft – 10 000ft)You are then firmly attached to a qualified and experienced tandem instructor. We exit the plane and freefall for an exhilarating and unforgettable 45 seconds, and then float to earth under parachute. During the 6 minute parachute decent you get the opportunity to fly the canopy. The instructor will take over for the landing. Everything is provided; you just need to bring closed-in running shoes. Maximum weight limit is 110kg’s.We have a shop offering light meals and refreshments and a pool and kiddies play area. There is also a large boma and grass area for braai and picnics.A tandem skydive 8 000ft – 10 000ft, +/- 40 seconds of free-fall. We can offer a DVD or photos of your experience.
- From R 1550 to R 19950
45 seconds free fall and a 6 minute parachute decent.
- Maximum weight limit is 110kg's. We don't recommend the tandem skydive for children younger than 12 years of age.
- To purchase a voucher please deposit the funds into our account, use your name as the reference. Let us know when you have done the deposit and we will email you the Voucher. Vouchers are valid for 6 months, if you redeem your voucher after this period you will need to pay any increase in cost.
- Comfortable clothes for the day. All gear is available if you do not have your own.
- We have a shop offering light meals and refreshments and a pool and kiddies play area. There is also a large boma and grass area for braais and picnics.
- Bookings are essential to check for weather and to see if we have available space.
- Great Deal
Click to See Additional Info on this Adventure
(Accelerated Free Fall) program, to train you to be a safe and independent skydiver. The program consists of eight levels, which normally take about 11 jumps to complete. Maximum weight limit is 100kg’s. All jumps up to level 7 are filmed for debriefing.
A breakdown of the levels below:
· Tandem Introduction jump
· Level 1; Ground school of 4-5 hours and your first jump with two instructors
· Level 2; Two instructors. How to do forward movement
· Level 3; Two instructors. How to do turns
· Level 4; Single instructor. First release dive & hover control
· Level 5; Single instructor. Solo turns & forward movement
· Level 6; Single instructor. Back loops, turns & Delta (Advanced forward movement)
· Level 7; Single instructor. International half series
· Level 8; A personalized consolidation program of 3 jumps are done solo following a briefing by an instructor.
At this point you are signed off as a safe & independent skydiver and are able to jumpmaster yourself. Once you have completed at least 25 jumps, and done a test, you can apply for the FAI equivalent “A” license.
Static Line Training
The Static Line training program is one of two ways to learn how to skydive. It is a safe, simple and effective, and has put thousands of adventure seekers into the skies…..
Training begins in the morning with ground school. The static line course will take approximately five to six hours to complete (Depending on course size). The course consists of lectures and practical instruction. (No written tests) Your first jump will hopefully be on the same day as the training course, weather permitting.
On your first jump, your main parachute opens automatically (via a static line, hence the name) after you exit solo from the airplane at 3,500 feet. Under jump masters supervision, you steer your “square” parachute to a soft landing.
Key to safety, during subsequent jumps, you are introduced to true freefall and how to control your body and skydive safely with others. After a minimum of seven static line jumps, which must include four satisfactory practice “Dummy” ripcord pulls, you are cleared for your first 3 second freefall. After your first freefall you will make at least 10 additional supervised freefall from progressively higher altitudes and longer free falls and with more stringent guidelines. You will learn skills such as altitude awareness, manoeuvring in freefall and jumping safely with others.
At the end of the program you are certified as a “Novice parachutist”. Jumps after the ground school session cost R300 including, gear hire and packing. You have to jump every 28 days to stay in the programme and stay “current” (Parachute Association of SA regulations) A refresher course has to complete if you waited more than 28 days. After 3 months the course has to be started again.